VEGAn-TAB BETA 5.1 FINAL – RELEASED (updated again)December 30, 2010 13 Comments
***UPDATE AGAIN*** There was a compression issue with the boot.img file causing some people to not be able to flash. This should be fixed now. ReDownload if you had problems flashing. ***/UPDATE AGAIN***
***UPDATE*** sorry about the quick drop here but there was a better fix for the G-Sensor that I had to put it… now almost all games should work! still no mouse ***/UPDATE***
Here it is everyone! I wanted to get this out to you before the New Years Weekend! “Number 5 is ALIVE!”
As usual all the Disclaimers apply… myself nor the rest of the team are responsible for anything you do with this update. (except your sense of joy…. we are responsible for that).
Here is a quick list of the additions or fixes included in BETA 5.1:
- NEW KERNEL **Thank you Rothnic** We have compiled alot of new features in to this with more on it’s way at some point.
- LAG on WAKE FIX! woo hoo! no more laggy tablet after sleeping.
- CIFS support (allows mounting shared folders over a network) – search CIFS in the android market for apps
- NTFS support (this gives us the ability to mount drives formatted NTFS which is popular on Windows machines…. Larger File Support)
- Ethernet on DOCK Support (This will only work right now if the device is booted while connected to the dock to activate the port)
- ***UPDATED EVEN BETTER NOW*** G-Sensor Fix (this has been long awaited by many! Fixes most games that use the g-sensor for controls, etc.) **this is a DIRTY FIX but it works… only issue is it does mess up mouse usage… so if you are a mouse user and don’t care about the g-sensor being right for games there is a patch below that you can apply ***AFTER*** you install BETA 5.
- REBOOT OPTION has now been added to the power menu. Remember that popup menu is a scrollable menu so if you don’t see it all use your finger and scroll on down!
- I increased the DELAY for the LONGPRESS Power button to bring up the menu… it is now a full second. This has dramatically decreased the number of time the power menu has accidentally popped up when trying to wake the device.
- Added the Tablet Compatible Stock Calendar that I dropped on you guys at Christmas on the Website.
No Major theme changes, nor some of the other fixes that I have been having issues with. The next release should include those. This is the LAST BETA I believe. The next release will take some time so settle in for a bit while we work on Release Candidate 1.
*****PATCH TO REMOVE G-SENSOR FIX AND RESTORE MOUSE SUPPORT***** - ONLY INSTALL THIS AFTER BETA 5
Enjoy and have a great holiday weekend!