Last Experimental….. Beta 1 Looms.March 8, 2011 55 Comments
Today will be the last Experimental build of VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition…. you can pick it up over on the Experimental page. I am almost ready to call this a Beta but wanted one more Experimental build to work out any final pre-Beta type bugs. So what is working? Well pretty much everything… LOL. I think we finally got the Main Market issues worked out… should see just about everything now. YOU MUST INSTALL THE LATEST GAPPS from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/ . This has ONLY been tested with a FULL DATA WIPE, so if you are still having issues that may be your only option.
So what has changed? A lot since the last build.
Merged up to 2.3.3 Gingerbread…. that was a chore had to rebase and rebuild my entire repo as something wasn’t jiving.
Merged in the TNT 3991 Libs…. the Ventana ones are not useful yet unfortunately.
Created a more tablet friendly lockscreen no more slide tabs on the side…. they are now on the bottom landscape wise as they should… and don’t look phone like any more.
- Battery Percent graphics
- Matching Wifi graphics
- Added some full color icons for the statusbar power widget the status bar itself
- Modified Statusbar Pulldown to better fit with theme (added a slight alpha to it and changed some elements to black)
Added in fake ril to help with Market Issues (ATM Phone stuff has to remain or it may break market) But I removed all of their icons from the launcher…. so unless you actually go to Settings/Manage Applications you will not know they are there.
Changed the (no service) text to VEGAn-TAB so we are not constantly reminded that we don’t have phone parts….
Removed RomManager, PacMan(auto market installer) as they cause issues with other things.
And Lots more background things that you will not visibly notice.
The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps still doesn’t work (this is a screw up with maps on google’s part they coded one of the layout files wrong, there is a fix but I don’t want to do it because it screws with too many other things…. better to use the old maps version for the moment). SDCard and internal memory are now handled like we are used too with the old VEGAn and TNT and several other Builds…. Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2. With nothing else installed Quadrant consistently comes in at about 2100 and a 41.45fps on Nenamark so performance is pretty decent so far.
Hopefully I will move to BETA 1 fairly quickly… there are several “Features” I am trying to work out first though so it might be a week or so.