VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1April 11, 2011 181 Comments
RC1? What happened to BETA? I skipped it… this was a MAJOR overhaul of code and features and has really reached the stable build point. So what’s missing? Nothing except High Definition Video Hardware Decoding… not sure if we will ever get that one working right on Gingerbread. Here are some of the feature additions and changes that have been done:
- Switched over to newer Camera Rotation Fix
- Added Tablet Friendly Launcher VTL.Launcher to the launcher options
- Screenshots/DDMS fixed via several commits to Nvidia GIT etc.
- Added in the External Storage Format and Unmount
- Pulled in the Tablet Tweaks
- Modified Tablet Tweaks to not Break our Device or Google API’s
- Fixed up the Fullscreen handling issue
- Edited Statusbar buttons to fit with VEGAn-TAB Styling
- Newer Boot Animation – lowered quality to improve boot performance and speed
- Fixed layout of Launcher and added settings to settings page if default
- Added basic Google Apps to avoid confusion
- Added Tablet version of Quick Office
- Added Basic Tablet Keyboard Layout for English version of Gingerbread Keyboard
- Changed Default Browser User Agent to Desktop
- Added code to remove Phone Settings without losing market functionality
- Lot’s of code cleanups and minor bug fixes
The Google apps has already been applied. Market WILL NOT SHOW in app drawer until you CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK.
Also installed is the QuickOfficeHD (pulled from adam).
SINCE THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE VERSION – NO MATTER THE ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM YOU MUST WIPE DATA! Use Titanium Backup or similar to save app data. HOWEVER do NOT restore any system app data…. ie. Wireless Settings, CMParts Setting, etc.
After the first boot, and all the setup screens, PROMPTLY reboot the tablet to finish installation.
Install this using CWM 0.8 only at the moment. Till we can figure out why some tablets have issues with newer CWM versions.
The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps now works download from the market. Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2.
Quadrant = 2100
Nenamark = 41 fps
DOWNLOAD is now in the downloads section here: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/downloads
I am going to work on a more specialized installation instructions set. Installation is just like the experimentals through CWM wipe data/cache/dalvik… no exceptions. It could take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time as it is building the dalvik database and cache. Remember to reboot after first boot and setup screens to finish installation.